What is needed to start driving?
What is needed to start Driving Lessons?
When you start your driving lessons with Driver Training Ltd, you need only to bring both parts of your provisional driving licence. That is the card and the paper counter foil.
If you don't have a driving licence yet you can
Apply in person or by post
You can apply for your provisional driving licence by completing the D1 application form that is available from the DVLA form ordering service or Post Office branches. You will also need to enclose original documentation confirming your identity, a passport style colour photograph and the fee of £50.00. Send your completed application and payment to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD or you may be able to use the premium checking service.
Apply online for a first provisional driving licence
You can apply for your first British provisional driving licence online if you:
- are a resident of Great Britain
- can meet the minimum age requirement
- can meet the minimum eyesight requirement
- are currently not prevented from driving for any reason
- can pay £50.00 by Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Electron, Delta or Solo debit or credit card
- have a valid UK passport or another form of identity
- can provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years